Last updated: March 2nd, 2020
This policy was written to the best of our ability at the current stage of
product development. It is subject to change at any time, and we will notify
you about major changes via email.
- What this policy covers
- What does this policy not cover?
- What information do you collect about me?
- How will you use the data you collected about me?
- Do you share my information with other organizations?
- How long will you keep my information?
- Who can I get in touch with if I want to access the data?
What this policy covers
This policy covers the data Index Labs ("we") collect about you (“user”), what we do with it, why we collect it, and how you can access it.
This policy also covers both the logged-in application, InDexter ("App") and the public marketing site ("Marketing Site").
What does this policy not cover?
This policy does not cover what third party services we use with your data. But we will try to be completely transparent about these third-party services and provide links to their privacy policies. We employ the services of trusted companies to handle transactions and actions that are outside the expertise of Index Labs. Examples of third-party services we use and the reasons are:
Data We Collect
Information you provide us
- Account information: When you sign up, you provide us with your name, email address.
- Billing details: You may provide us with your billing details. This information never goes through our server and we do not store it; we send this directly and securely to a trusted third-party service listed above to process the data for us.
- 3rd Party Information: We ask you for information (such as access keys or tokens) to enable 3rd party services (example: eBay, Stripe or WooCommerce) within our App; this allows us to communicate with those services on your behalf. We do not collect or store sensitive information on these accounts or the data transmitted from them.
Information collected via technology
3rd Party Information: When you authorize a link to your ecommerce or Slack accounts, we are able to pull information about your accounts. We do not store your personal data anywhere on our server or send that information to 3rd parties. We do not make changes to your accounts.
Usage Data: As you use the app, we have analytics engines running which will collect information about how you are using the site and information about your device, browser, and IP address. We do not send any personal identifiable information to these analytics engines, meaning they will not be able to connect your data to your name or email address. We use this data to help improve our products and marketing materials.
How will you use the data you collected about me?
In general, we collect information about you in order to operate our product and provide you the services outlined throughout the Marketing Site. This includes, but is not limited to:
We may also use your anonymized personal data to:
- debug or make improvements to the service,
corroborate your usage details with other users in order to analyze
general trends and habits of users for determining ways to continuously
improve the product, and
During only necessary times, we may access your personal data to:
provide customer service if you personally report a bug or issue to us via
email or a support form embedded in the product, and
send you relevant information, such as technical notices, updates,
security alerts, support and administrative messages.
Do you share my information with other organizations?
We share selected information with the third-party services listed above, and strictly only for the necessary operations of the service. We do not share your information with third-party organizations for profit and we're committed to never doing this. You will never see ads on our platform.
How long will you keep my information?
We will keep your information as long as you are a user (either trialing, paid, or free) of the service. If you request a cancellation of your account either by email via [email protected] or through the product, we will delete your account and all associated data within 48 hours.
Who can I get in touch with if I want to access my data?
If you would like an export of all the data we have on you, please contact us at [email protected].